Cascadia Clip® Spacing Calculator
This free, fully-engineered tool will help determine the appropriate clip spacing to meet structural and thermal performance requirements of your project. By optimizing your clip spacing and wall assembly, you can reduce material costs and improve overall performance.
Referencing structural and thermal performance data for over 75,000 combinations of wall assemblies, the spacing calculations can be paired with the corroborating engineering reports below and uses as project submittal documents.
To use the Clip Calculator :
- Scroll down on this page to the Clip Calculator
- Set the variables to match your project.
- If you're unsure of cladding weight, for a quick analysis, pick a weight that's slightly heavier than need be.
- Structural results with steel studs depend on the gauge of metal, not the depth (structural results are accurate for 6" studs)
- Use the most efficient layout that meets your Effective R-value goal.
- Check the layout in the structural capacity section, for adequate allowable wind load for your project.