Fiberglass is an ideal structural material for window and door frames, which is why Cascadia has used a proprietary, high glass-fiber-to-resin formula for more than a decade. Beyond its high strength and thermal efficiency, Cascadia's pultruded, thermoset fiberglass frames contain no VOC's and represents less embodied energy compared to vinyl or aluminum.
Not susceptible to decay or insect attack, fiberglass possesses a low thermal expansion coefficient allowing it to move at roughly the same rate as the adjacent IGU. This extends the longevity of window seals and gaskets and reduces maintenance costs. Combined with a modelled lifespan of 50-80 years, fiberglass represents the future of high-performance windows and doors.
- Nearly 10x stiffer than traditional vinyl, allowing for larger window spans and increased views
- Boasts 100%-250% improved thermal performance compared to traditional aluminum windows, lowering heating and cooling costs
- Made from high resin-to-glass, thermoset fiberglass, the windows will not sag, weaken or creep over time
- Can withstand extreme temperatures (-40°F through 350°F, and higher) without becoming brittle or soft
- Made from non-organic, chemically inert pultruded fiberglass, the windows are not susceptible to corrosion, rot, insect damage or UV degradation