Cascadia Clip® Fiberglass Thermal Spacers for exterior insulated cladding systems
Traditional methods of attaching cladding through exterior insulated wall assemblies cause so much thermal bridging that meeting code requirements is virtually impossible. The Cascadia Clip is our answer to that problem. As one of the first thermal clip systems on the market, we are experts on thermal bridging and cladding attachment. Cascadia Clips are universal, and can be used with any type of cladding.
Our thermal spacer made from low-conductivity fiberglass material greatly reduces thermal bridging, improving the effective thermal resistance of the exterior wall. The Cascadia Clip® makes ASHRAE 90.1 Or NECB 2011 compliance simple and cost-effective.
Cascadia Clips come in 8 sizes, offering you cladding attachment solutions for up to 8" of thermal-bridging-free exterior insulation.
2" | 2.5" | 3" | 3.5" | 4" | 5" | 6" | 8"
The Cascadia Clip is our solution to the issue of thermal bridging through exterior insulated wall assemblies, and is the best clip on the market for addressing all the issues most often associated with cladding attachment systems:
- Superior thermal performance
- High structural strength
- Safety in the event of fire
- Adjustability to deal with uneven wall substrates
For more information on any of the above considerations, please have a look around this page for details, drawings, test reports, and videos supporting all of the uses of Cascadia Clips.
If there is something you don't see, please contact us for more information and design guidance, or check out our gallery of project photos.
More helpful tools:
Use this tool to determine the optimal spacing of Clips to meet your project's R-value and structural capacity goals. With optimized spacing, you can use fewer clips and keep projects down!
Use this tool to request a quote for your project!
- These stamped engineering letters guarantee the performances indicated by our Cascadia Clip Calculator.
- Third party engineering testing was done on the clips to determine the thermal performance of the clips in a variety of a wall assemblies. The methodology used to accurately predict thermal performance can be found here: this engineering letter verifies the thermal results of the Cascadia Clip® Calculator.
Structural performance - USA [PDF] - 149KBThird party testing has been undertaken on the clips, to determine their failure modes and associated structural capability. These test results are interpreted and confirmed by engineered calculations. This engineering letter verifies the structural results of the Cascadia Clip® Calculator and can be used for wall assembly submittals, and is stamped in the US.
Structural performance - Canada [PDF] - 172KBThird party testing has been undertaken on the clips, to determine their failure modes and associated structural capability. These test results are interpreted and confirmed by engineered calculations. This engineering letter verifies the structural results of the Cascadia Clip® Calculator and can be used for wall assembly submittals, and is stamped in Canada.
- Click here to see third party code compliance reports and other tests relating to using Cascadia Clips in non-combustible construction.
- In the US, the Cascadia Clip has been approved for use in all types of construction under the IBC, as per our code compliance report. The report draws on a variety of fire-related testing, including a successful NFPA 285 test. Contact us for a copy of the NFPA 285 report or fire engineering reports, or for any further information on combustibility requirements.
- In Canada, the Cascadia Clip® has been approved for use in non-combustible wall assemblies as a "minor combustible component," in accordance with Article 184.108.40.206 of the Model National Building Code. This is confirmed by a ruling from the Building and Safety Standards Branch of the BC Ministry of Energy and Mines, in addition to analyses from code consultants or fire protection engineers in every major state and province.
Code Compliance Report by Uniform Evaluation Services [PDF] - 321KBThe Cascadia Clip® has been fully evaluated and tested by Uniform Evaluation Services (UES) for code compliance. The evaluation covers durability, fire performance, structural capacity and more. The Cascadia Clip® - the original and most universal thermal spacer for exterior insulated walls - is the only thermally improved cladding support system to have a published code evaluation.
Roxul & Cascadia Clip NFPA 285 Listing [PDF] - 101KBThis Intertek testing report approves the use of Cascadia Clips and Roxul insulation for a variety of wall assemblies to pass NFP 285A requirements. This is a third party testing report which approves the Cascadia Clip for use in non-combustible wall assemblies.
- The Cascadia Clip is now fully adjustable up to approximately 1 inch, for both our vertical- and horizontal- type clips.
- Here is more information on how to properly install Cascadia Clips
- These videos give more insight on how Cascadia Clips work!
- Cascadia Clips are not just for walls - they can also be used in roofing and for soffits.